Dental Bridges in Cary NC
Non-surgical solutions for missing teeth
Are you missing one or more teeth? Take a look at the advantages of getting a dental bridge. You’ll find that they look like your natural teeth, feel comfortable, and help you regain the function of your natural teeth. Nathaniel Leedy, DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary, North Carolina, has the technology and experience necessary to create a customized dental bridge that will improve your smile and quality of life!
What is a Dental Bridge?
Bridge tooth replacement works by bridging the gap in your mouth where you are missing teeth. The dental bridge consists of replacement teeth that are supported by crowns attached to the surrounding teeth.
Who Needs a Dental Bridge?
You may need a dental restoration if you have lost one or more teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease, injury, or old age. Dental implants are another option for replacing missing teeth. Implants require both surgery and overall good health, while dental bridges do not. Ask your dentist which type of tooth replacement is right for you.
What are the Benefits of Getting a Dental Bridge?
If you are missing teeth, your mouth probably has lost some of its function, not to mention the gap in your smile! A dental bridge fixes the problems of missing teeth.
- Chew properly so that you can digest your food better.
- Speak and pronounce words normally.
- Restore the healthy appearance of your smile.
- Stop teeth from shifting into the gap created by tooth loss.
- Maintain the shape of your face so it doesn’t sink due to lack of teeth.
Dr. Leedy and his staff are dedicated to educating each patient on the benefits of whatever dental treatment they face. We encourage you to ask questions to help you understand and feel more comfortable about your dental treatments. If you have any questions about tooth bridges, give us a call! We are happy to discuss it with you.
Dental Bridge Process
Getting a dental bridge requires at least two appointments.
- At the first appointment, we will examine your teeth and create a treatment plan.
- We will then prepare the abutment teeth by slightly reshaping them to ensure a dental crown fits.
- Next, we digitally scan your teeth to make an impression for the permanent bridge. We will give you a temporary bridge to wear until your next appointment.
- During the second appointment, we carefully put the newly-fabricated dental crowns and dental bridge into place. We might wait a couple of weeks before cementing it into place because we want to be sure it fits correctly.
This is a non-surgical procedure, and it generally does not cause any pain beyond a slight tenderness in your gums.
How Long Does a Tooth Bridge Last?
Dental bridges are meant to be long-lasting. They are designed to last 5 to 15 years, but many patients with dental bridges have them for even longer. Take good care of your dental bridge at home by brushing them twice a day, flossing regularly, and rinsing with mouthwash. Although your replacement teeth cannot get cavities, the natural teeth left in your mouth are still susceptible to decay. You must also pay special attention to the gums beneath your bridge for plaque build-up.
Where Can You Get a Dental Bridge in Cary, North Carolina?
Schedule an appointment at Nathaniel Leedy, DMD Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. We can give you the proper diagnosis and treatment plan that you need. Using advanced dental technology, Dr. Leedy will ensure you get a dental bridge that fits perfectly and fully restores the function of your missing teeth. Contact us today to talk to one of our friendly representatives.
How to Find Us
Our office is located seconds away from the Whole Foods Market in New Waverly Place!
Monday: 7 AM – 3 PM
Tuesday: 7 AM – 3 PM
Wednesday: 7 AM – 3 PM
Thursday: 7 AM – 3 PM
Select Fridays: 7 AM – 1 PM