What Is a Restorative Dental Treatment?
Restorative dental treatments go beyond simple teeth cleanings or gum disease treatments. These types of dental services include endodontics, periodontics, and prosthodontics to treat and restore the function and aesthetics of your teeth and their surrounding structures. Dr. Nathaniel Leedy and his dental team offer top-of-the-line restorative dentistry in Cary, NC to help you take control of your dental health.
Types of Restorative Dental Treatments
There are several dental services that are considered restorative dental work. These services include:
- Fillings: These durable, tooth-colored resins are used to fill out areas of the tooth that have been impacted by moderate damage from cavities or breakage. Our dental fillings are carefully bonded to the tooth and polished so that they look and feel natural.
- Dentures: Partial dentures are used to replace multiple missing teeth in the mouth. Full dentures may be used in situations where all natural teeth are missing. Dr. Leedy uses advanced dental technology to make custom partial dentures or full dentures that are both durable and comfortable.
- Implants: Implants are similar to dental crowns and are also used to replace missing teeth. However, these dental restorations are attached to a special type of screw that is surgically placed in your jaw to give your replacement tooth a more natural look and feel. Implants also fully restore the functionality of your missing teeth. Some dentures can be placed using implants as support.
- Crowns: Crowns are used to restore fractured teeth or teeth that have been moderately or severely damaged by tooth decay. These dental restoration treatments are generally crafted by our expert lab technician, and they are custom fit to your bite. Similar to fillings, there are several materials your dentist can use depending on various factors, such as cost and patient preference.
- Bridges: This dental restoration option is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges consist of replacement teeth supported by crowns. The bridge is then attached to the surrounding teeth to fill the space left by one or more missing teeth.
- Root Canals: This type of dental restoration is done to save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of removing it. Typically, a crown will be placed as part of the root canal treatment to protect the tooth.
The Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry has many benefits, from relieving pain and improving function to improving the appearance of your smile. The top benefits of restorative dental care include:
- Improving jaw discomfort/chewing function: Broken, missing, or infected teeth can cause discomfort in your jaw and make it difficult to chew. This can cause issues later on with the rest of your body if it keeps you from getting the nutrients you need.
- Making you look younger/improving your appearance: Restorative dentistry can improve your smile in different ways, either by replacing missing teeth or fixing cracked, misaligned, discolored, and broken teeth. It can also make your smile look younger and more beautiful.
- Minimizing discomfort: Teeth that are infected or broken can cause severe discomfort, especially if the nerve or root of the tooth is involved. In addition, missing teeth can cause pain when you have to adjust how you chew, which puts more stress on your remaining teeth and puts them at risk for other dental issues.
- Boosting your confidence: By restoring the look, feel, and function of your teeth, you’ll feel more confident in your smile. The better we look, the better we feel about ourselves.
- Helping you save money by preventing major dental issues: Restorative dentistry can help you avoid needing major dental work in the future. Cavities that are not promptly treated can continue to grow and lead to irreparable damage. Furthermore, missing teeth makes it easier for more cavities to form between the gaps in your teeth and can also cause your remaining teeth to shift. This can lead to tooth grinding and tooth sensitivity.
We Offer the Best and Most Affordable Restorative Dentistry in Cary, NC
A tooth restoration is not only important for improving the look of your smile but also for preventing further dental problems that may need to be treated with costly dental procedures. Most insurance plans cover the majority of dental restoration services, and our dental office can help you determine which services your insurance will cover and at what cost.
If you need affordable restorative dentistry in Cary, NC, we are your go-to dental practice. Dr. Leedy and his dental team will customize your treatment plan according to your budget and your preferences and restore your smile as comfortably and comprehensively as possible.
Contact us at (919) 351-6545 today to schedule a dental appointment and start on the path to a better smile.